- Use of Personal and Corporate Information. While anyone may browse our public website pages for free, for access to the non-public pages of our website a user must register. We require certain user specific information in order to register. The information provided during the registration process allows us to better serve each user and keep our products working properly. We collect the details provided, together with information we learn about each user from his, her or its use of our service and visits to ours and other web sites. This information may include e-mail addresses, postal addresses, and phone numbers. Further, the information collected might include information related to a user’s occupation or industry that it is a part of. We also collect information about the transactions users undertake. We do not consider information that is anonymous, information from which a third party would be unable to identify a specific individual or a company, as personal or corporate information. Submitting personal and corporate information is voluntary, however access to non-public pages of our website may be conditional on registering. We may collect additional information in connection with users’ participation in any promotions or competitions offered by us and information a user provides when giving us feedback. When a user visits our website we will collect certain information.We will use your information to provide personalized service. Select pages on the website act as a social network. For those areas and uses of the website any information that is posted will be generally available and will not be protected. We may use the information provided to send offers and news about our products and services or those of other carefully selected companies which we think may be of interest. We may contact a user by post, e-mail, telephone (including SMS) or fax for these purposes. Confirmation e-mails may include marketing material from us and third parties.User data may be used for the following purposes:
- billing and audit;
- credit or other payment card verification and screening;
- administrative and legal purposes;
- statistical and marketing analysis;
- systems testing;
- maintenance and development;
- customer surveys; and
- customer relations and to help us in any future dealings with you, for example, by identifying your requirements and preferences.
Once registered with adventuredata.com, a user will be provided with access to a page that will allow it to tailor our commercial communications to the user’s preferences. Each user will also be able to update any personal or corporate information it may have provided us during the registration process. Further, the user will be able to unsubscribe from any promotional e-mails by following the unsubscribe link in any of our promotional e-mail communications.
We like to receive feedback from our customers to help us improve our service. We may contact a user by post, e-mail, telephone or fax to ask for opinions.
Please note there may be instances where it may be necessary for us to communicate with a user for administrative or operational reasons.
We may also use and analyze the information that we collect so that we can administer, support, improve and develop our business.
The information that is provided to us will be held in our systems, which are located on our premises, or those of an appointed third party. We may also allow access to information by other third parties who act for us for the purposes set out in this policy or for other purposes
approved by each user.
- Discussion Forums and Chat Rooms. Any information provided while visiting the blogs, discussion forums, or chat rooms on the site is available to others. We strongly discourage posting or discussing sensitive, personal or corporate information on these mediums because they are open to others.
- Site Tracking. We use tracking software to monitor customer traffic patterns and site usage. This helps us develop the design and layout of the site to better meet the needs of visitors to adventuredata.com. This software does not enable us to capture any identifying information.
- Security to Protect User Information and Data Retention. When a user enters identifying information, those details are transmitted across the internet securely using high-grade encryption.Furthermore, we follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of information which has been given us, to prevent unauthorized access. Our security procedures mean that we may request proof of identity before we are able to disclose sensitive
In the circumstances set out in this policy, where we pass information to a third party, we will ensure that the security measures that such third party has in place in relation to the processing of data are at least as stringent as those employed by us. This does not apply where we are required by law to pass personal or corporate information to a third party.
We will retain information for a reasonable period or as long as the law requires.
- Cookies. Cookies are small pieces of information that are stored by a browser on a computer’s hard drive. They enable us to provide features such as remembering aspects of recent search information to make subsequent searches faster. Cookies can be deleted from a hard drive if desired. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but a simple change on a browser’s settings can prevent this from automatically happening. Even without a cookie a user can use most of the features on the web site. Our cookies do not contain any personally identifying information.Cookies are also used in e-mail messages that each user has agreed to receive and at our website to help us measure the effectiveness of our advertising and how visitors use our site. If a user does not want to help us learn how to improve our offers and marketing strategy, it can “opt-out” of these e-mail cookies. By clicking on a link in the e-mail, we may set a cookie on a browser.If someone visits adventuredata.com as a result of clicking on a link, we are able to understand how they interact with the pages of our website through the combination of the cookie and pixels set on the pages of our website. This enables us to understand what interested them in our e-mails and what did not, and what interests them about our website and what do not. We can then try to send more interesting information in the future. Please note that this information is for our use only – we do not disclose or share this information with any third parties. If you do not wish this to happen, you can change the cookie settings in your browser.
- Use of Pixels. In order to understand how our customers interact with the e-mails and the content that we send, we use pixels in the e-mail in order to understand who has opened the message. In order to provide our content in the most interesting way, we may also use pixels to learn whether the intended receiver can receive e-mails in text or html form.
- Disclosure to Third Parties. From time to time, we make certain third party offers available through our site. If a user chooses to accept such an offer, we will disclose that user’s contact and billing information to the third party who made the offer available. We may also provide the user’s information to a third party to comply with legal obligations, protect and defend our rights and property.
- Children. Our website is not and will not target or solicit children. We will attempt to never knowingly obtain personal information from children by any means. For purposes of this policy, the term “children” means anyone under the age of 13 years old. If we obtain a child’s
personal information we will delete that information. If you learn that your child has provided us with personal information you may alert us at [email protected].